Master of Science in Urban and Regional Planning: Admission Requirements
A completed application package consists of the following:
1. Completed Application form
2. Official transcripts from all universities attended
3. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
4. Two Letters of Recommendation addressing the applicant’s academic and/or professional skills
5. Letter of Intent, outlining the applicant’s reasons for pursuing the Master of Science degree in Urban and Regional Planning and career plans
6. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for international applicants whose first language is not English
Applicants may be admitted as unconditional or conditional, degree-seeking graduate students, or as non-degree-seeking students. Admission as a special graduate student or as non-degree-seeking does not guarantee subsequent admission as a degree-seeking student; such students must reapply for degree-seeking status.
An application fee and all application materials must be sent directly to the UTSA Graduate School at One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, TX 78249. For application deadlines, visit the UTSA Graduate School's Application Deadlines page.
Other information for prospective graduate students:
Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning: Admission Requirements
New and existing graduate students in “good standing” shall declare the intent to seek the Certificate by requesting permission to enter and complete the program. Students not currently enrolled in a graduate program may apply according to UTSA admission requirements for certificate programs (see Chapter 3, Certificate Programs, in the UTSA Graduate Catalog). The Certificate Program Coordinator may determine that a student requires prerequisite background courses to adequately prepare for the courses of the Graduate Certificate Program.
Degree seeking, special graduate or non-degree seeking students from any discipline can apply for admission to the URP Certificate Program.